Want to put your Raspberry Pi through its paces right out of the box? This tutorial guide is designed to get you learning all the tricks of the Raspberry Pi through building complete, hands-on hardware projects. Speed through the basics and then dive right in to development!
Discover that you can do almost anything with your Raspberry Pi with a taste of almost everything. Get started with Pi Gaming as you learn how to set up Minecraft, and then program your own game with the help of Pygame. Turn the Pi into your own home security system with complete guidance on setting up a webcam spy camera and OpenCV computer vision for image recognition capabilities. Get to grips with GPIO programming to make a Pi-based glowing LED system, build a complete functioning motion tracker, and more. Finally, get ready to tackle projects that push your Pi to its limits. Construct a complete Internet of Things home automation system with the Raspberry Pi to control your house via Twitter; turn your Pi into a super-computer through linking multiple boards into a cluster and then add in advanced network capabilities for super speedy processing!
Who This Book Is For
What’s the best way to learn how to use your Raspberry Pi? By example! If you want something exciting to do whilst getting to grips with what your Pi can offer, this is the book for you. With both simple and complex projects, you’ll create a wide variety of cool toys and functions with your Raspberry Pi – all with minimal coding experience necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and get it ready for some interesting real-life projects
- Work with images, videos, webcams, and the Pi camera and create amazing time-lapse videos
- Explore the amazing world of Minecraft Pi
- Get to know how to use PiGlow for GPIO programming
- Interface your Pi with Grove Sensors and implement IoT applications
- Build your own cluster with Raspberry Pi
- Understand the networking and network programming fundamentals