This pocket reference guide has been updated with the new PHP 7.0 release. It is a condensed, code-rich scripting and syntax handbook for the PHP scripting language. PHP 7 Quick Scripting Reference presents the essential PHP script in a well-organized format.
You won’t find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a Web scripting language reference that is concise, to the point and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any PHP programmer or Web developer.
In it, you will find a concise reference to the PHP 7 scripting language syntax. It includes short, simple and focused code examples and a well laid out table of contents and a comprehensive index allowing easy review.
What you’ll learn
- What is new in PHP 7 and how to get started with it
- What are variables, operators, strings, arrays, conditionals, loops and other language constructs
- How to group and reuse code with functions, methods and namespaces
- How to use object-oriented features such as classes, inheritance, abstract classes and interfaces
- How to import files and retrieve user data
- What are type declarations and type conversions
- How to test variables, create references and use overloading methods
- How to store user data with cookies and sessions
- How to deal with errors through error handling, exception handling and assertions