Networking in OpenStack has evolved from Nova Network to Neutron. This has resulted in a rich suite of networking services available to OpenStack users and administrators. Advanced services such as routers, firewall, and load balancers use building blocks such as network and subnets. Recent improvements support powerful customization using plugins. The evolution of Neutron continues as it integrates with tools like Ceilometer and Heat.
This book will explore the built-in capabilities of Neutron to effectively deploy cloud solutions. You will begin with the most fundamental constructs of OpenStack Networking for switching and routing. You will then learn how to provide your tenants with services like firewalls and load-balancers. The step-by-step recipes will help you configure and troubleshoot networking problems in your cloud. This book will also introduce you to advanced topics like Ceilometer, Heat, and other upcoming tools in OpenStack
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at network and system administrators who want to deploy and manage OpenStack-based cloud and IT infrastructure. If you have basic knowledge of OpenStack and virtualization, this book will help you leverage the rich functionality of OpenStack Networking in your cloud deployments.
What You Will Learn
- Operate OpenStack Networking for public and private clouds
- Configure advanced routing services for your workloads
- Secure data traffic using firewall-as-a-service capabilities of OpenStack
- Discover how to leverage VXLAN to implement SDN in your OpenStack cloud
- Monitor the virtual networks using Ceilometer
- Develop plugins to enhance and customize OpenStack Networking
- Provide HA and VPN connectivity for your virtual machines
- Troubleshoot and solve common problems with OpenStack Networking