Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application used in all kinds of organizations around the world. It provides a great variety of functionality out-of-the-box in different topics such as accounting, sales, purchase processing, logistics, or manufacturing. It also allows companies to grow the application by customizing the solution to meet specific requirements.
This book is a hands-on tutorial on working with a real Dynamics NAV implementation. You will learn about the team from your Microsoft Dynamics NAV partner as well as the team within the customer’s company. This book provides an insight into the different tools available to migrate data from the client’s legacy system into Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
If you are already live with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, this books talks about upgrades and what to expect from them. We’ll also show you how to implement additional or expanding functionalities within your existing Microsoft Dynamics NAV installation, perform data analysis, debug error messages, and implement free third-party add-ons to your existing installation.
This book will empower you with all the skills and knowledge you need for a successful implementation.
What You Will Learn
- Study the roles within a Dynamics NAV partner and within a customer’s company
- Create reusable data migration packages
- Work with the debugger to pinpoint error messages
- Get to grips with the key tables used in data reporting and analysis
- Successfully upgrade your installation to the latest version
- Manage and expand your existing installation with additional functionalities
- Explore the free third-party add-ons that can leverage your existing installation