Unreal Engine 4 now has support for Blender, which was not available in earlier versions. This has opened up new possibilities and that is where this book comes in. This is the first book in the market combining these two powerful game and graphic engines. Readers will build an amazing high-level game environment with UE4 and will show them how to use the power of Blender 3D to create stunning animations and 3D effects for their game. This book will start with creating levels, 3D assets for the game, game progression, light and environment control, animation, and so on. Then it will teach readers to add amazing visual effects to their game by applying rendering, lighting, rigging, and compositing techniques in Blender. Finally, readers will learn how to smoothly transfer blender files to UE4 and animate the game assets. Each chapter will add complexities to the game environment.
What you will learn
- Create a fully functioning game level of your own design using Blender and Unreal Engine 4
- Customize your level with detailed 3D assets created with Blender
- Import assets into Unreal Engine 4 to create an amazing finished product
- Build a detailed dynamic environment with goals and an ending
- Explore Blender’s incredible animation tools to animate elements of your game
- Create great environments using sound effects, particle effects, and class blueprints